Everything needed to host a multi-team tournament competition.
- The President of New England Wide Collegiate Rugby Conference shall have the responsibility for sanctioning all tournaments held within the jurisdiction of the Conference. A “tournament” shall include all festivals, invitationals and competitions where three (3) or more teams participate. Only Full Members of the NEWCRC can host tournaments.
- Clubs desiring to host a tournament must file a Tournament Approval Form, along with a Tournament Medical Plan with the NEWCRC President. All financial obligations to the NEWCRC must be current and hosts MUST be fully enrolled in the current USA Rugby CIPP Program.
- All tournaments must carry liability insurance coverage. ALL players and reserves must carry at least $100,000 medical coverage and clubs must have liability coverage for a minimum of $1,000,000. A healthcare professional must be present for the duration of the tournament. All players must be enrolled in CIPP prior to the start of the tournament. Tournament host is responsible for checking the USA Rugby CIPP database and not allowing anyone to play who is not CIPP enrolled.
- The NEWCRC, after sanctioning a tournament, will contact the Referee Director to inform them of approval, and contact should be made with them regarding referee arrangements.
- The NEWCRC will notify the host club, in writing, as to the acceptance or denial of sanctioning for the tournament.
- The Disciplinary Committee shall have the additional responsibility for taking appropriate action against individuals and/or teams that:
- Do not honor tournament commitments
- Act in any manner which is detrimental to the tournament or the spirit of rugby
- Attempt to play any ineligible players Note: Any player sent off the field during a tournament is ineligible to play for the rest of the tournament.
- On receiving acceptance from a team outside the NEWCRC jurisdiction, the Club’s Tournament Director/Committee MUST notify the NEWCRC Referee Director promptly. The Referee Director will then contact the home union of the outside team to determine if any discipline reports have been filed against the team or any of its members. They will also determine if the club is “in good standing” within that Union. If discipline reports have been filed or the club is not in good standing, the NEWCRC Disciplinary Committee will make an appropriate recommendation to the Club’s Tournament Director or Committee.
- The NEWCRC President may refuse to sanction a tournament for failure to follow the Disciplinary Committee’s recommendation.
- It is the responsibility of the Club’s Tournament Director or Committee to invite only members in good standing from any Union/League. There will be NO recourse through the Union/League should a club allow non-members to participate in their tournament and an incident, or incidents, occur that would normally warrant disciplinary action.
- The list of participating teams in the tournament MUST be sent to the NEWCRC President and the Referee Director NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT.
- It is recommended that teams try to schedule tournaments early in the playing season, or out of season, in order to secure referees.
- Any scheduling conflicts will be decided by the NEWCRC Competition Director.
- Teams holding and/or attending any unsanctioned tournaments will be subject to disciplinary action and fines.